To evaluate the technical feasibility of the project and establish the installation schedule, Orange Marine conducts Desktop Studies.
These preliminary studies bring together in a single document the essential factors to consider when installing a subsea system such as:
- the most suitable ship considering disposal and cost
- operation planning
- cable routing
- risk assessment for the cable
- length and depth of burial depending on the nature of seabed
- site and route evaluation, including landing sites in each country
- a statutory section integrating regulatory requirements of the various authoritative bodies, environmental assessments, imposed burying depths, permitting feasibility studies with the allocation of responsibilities
- seismological studies, to lay the cable in the safest environment
- geology, lithology
- risks and constraints related to the environment, human activities, legislation
- oil production zone, navigation restriction zones, nature reserves, cable crossings
- optimal weather periods
The project managers consider the client requirements expressed in the specifications, the factors of the preliminary studies, the technical constraints, and develop comprehensive installation offers. They bring the project through from inception to completion.