Teliri is an Elettra cable ship dedicated to laying and maintenance operations.
The Teliri is equipped with:
- 2 Wartsila WN 16V25 3.680kW +1 Wartsila WN 12V25 2,768kW feeding
- 2 LIPS steerable thrusters with fixed pitch propeller 2.200 kW each,
- 1 LIPS steerable retractable thruster with fixed pitch propeller in nozzle 2,200 kW
- 2 bow LIPS tunnel CP propeller thrusters 450 kW each,
- laying machines and vessel general services
The ship is fitted with a Kongsberg Simrad 702 ADP Dynamic Positioning system.
Accommodation is provided for 68 people.
Cable ship Teliri completed the Med Nautilus laying – a link between Greece and Turkey – began in 2010. She also installed the LION2 system – 2,700 kilometers of cable extending the LION system (Lower Indian Ocean Network) to Kenya via Mayotte. This cable offers Mayotte, for the first time, access to high speed internet.